CRE Investment Management Software: What to Look For
Understanding CRE Investment Management Software
CRE investment management software is a single-source solution for managing your assets, investors, fundraising, finance, reporting, and more.
CRE investment management software has been part of the commercial real estate industry for some time, but the need for it has never been more pressing — particularly as the demands for managing assets continue to increase alongside investors’ and tenants’ demand for value creation. Additionally, challenges in key sectors of CRE have created the need for greater productivity so that professionals can focus on creating that value. GPs and other real estate asset managers would be wise to leverage these solutions to:
- Reduce the administrative demands of their jobs
- Eliminate outdated processes from work streams
- Automate repetitive tasks and functions
- Consolidate cumbersome technology stacks
- Reduce costs by using fewer tools
- Maximize revenue and value creation
In this post, we’ll explore several capabilities of the ideal CRE investment management software solution that you and your team should look for when evaluating options. Armed with the right platform, you’ll be able to eliminate many of the distractions and inefficiencies that have historically plagued the industry.
What to Look for in CRE Investment Management Software
- Investor Database Management — While you might have a CRM in place to manage contacts, is that CRM designed for the breadth of commercial real estate needs? If not, an all-in-one management tool should be considered so your team can build, sort, and manage a robust database of investors, vendors, and partners with the ability to tackle actions like those below. Learn more about what investor database management capabilities to look for.
- Investor Engagement — In addition to having a centralized investor database, the ideal solution should enable you to pitch new deal opportunities, share offering decks, automatically generate marketing assets, and — perhaps most critically — track investor engagement with those assets once presented. The value here is that you and your team will be able to measure investor engagement and interest with new deals at all stages — from initial offering to soft circled to funded. Learn more marketing-focused must-haves in your technology.
- Fundraising & Capital Calls — So you have a strong database of investors and have pitched the deal to them? Anything from that point on requires a financial solution to request, collect, and report on fundraising. Additionally, capital calls have historically been a manual process. Fortunately, CRE investment management software solutions are available that bring this functionality into a single solution. This allows you to request funds from committed investors, track the fundraising performance of your assets, report on that performance by asset, drill down into specific transactions, and conduct capital calls — all in a matter of clicks, without having to leave that one platform. Learn more about fundraising and capital calls in a single tool.
- Automated Distributions — Perhaps one of the most manual processes in commercial real estate, distribution day is typically one of the most dreaded functions because of its complexity and the administrative workload associated with it. But with the right platform that automates the distribution process, you can send funds to investors according to their pro rata ownership of an asset. Complex investment structures are also supported, so whatever the investment arrangement of an asset is, you can send the appropriate amounts to the right people — also in just a matter of clicks. Go deeper into the value of this for CRE professionals here.
- Integrated Finance — With anywhere from three to five bank accounts per asset, banking can be an epic pain and time sink for you and your team. Now imagine consolidating all of those accounts and the myriad transactions into a single platform — and one where you can do everything mentioned above, and where it’s all seamlessly tied together so you can efficiently report on and track where money is going and to whom. With a platform that features integrated finance, you can issue payments, track transactions, report on activity, and — best of all — earn interest on uninvested capital with the peace of mind of knowing your funds are FDIC insured. Learn more about banking-embedded real estate investment management here.
The Solution is Here: Put Covercy to Work for Your Firm Today
If you’ve been using multiple tools to perform the tasks above, it’s time to make a change. The CRE industry is undergoing a significant amount of change and uncertainty, so why add more complexity into the mix? Streamline how you work, add value for your team and investors, and maximize your capital with the right CRE investment management platform. Learn more about Covercy — the first real estate platform where banking meets investment management. Get in touch with us for a private demo now.